DEADLINES-Applications will be accepted via email firstname.lastname@example.org until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 12, 2021.
B'nai B'rith Student Athlete Award
Each nominee is evaluated on his or hers athletic ability (50%), scholastic ability (25%), and school and community activities (25%). The sports the student completes in grades 9-12 are evaluated. Student transcripts are submitted to the Admission's Office at California State University, Fresno for evaluation of the student's grade point average as if that student was applying for admission to the university. Each nominee receives a $750.00 scholarship which is to be used to further his or her education.
Deadlines - Given to the athletic office by April 28th.
Checklist- Transcripts_______Two Senior Pictures_______Letter from Principal_______
Letter from nominee_______ Application_______Parents names, telephone, and address_______8 1/2 x 11 manila folder with name of student and high school_______
Imgaes for video presentation (see requirements below)_______
CIF Central Section Scholar Athlete Award
The Section is seeking candidates whose academic and athletic careers have been truly exemplary; students whose personal high standards and accomplishments are a positive model for others; students who possess high levels of integrity and honesty, and who have benefited from their participation in high school interscholastic programs.
• A senior on track to graduate in 2021.
• A 3.5 cumulative grade point average (weighted)
• Participation in at least one varsity sport
• Record of good citizenship
• Two individuals (one male and one female) will receive $1000 scholarships and an award.
• Sixteen individuals (eight males and eight females) will receive $500 scholarships and an award.
• All nominated individuals will receive a certificate of recognition.
• Scholarships and awards will be delivered to schools for presentation (if allowed by CDPH guidelines).
1. Completed application form (Page 2)
2. Student Essay – Topic of Essay for 2021 is “How high school sports have taught me to be resilient”
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. Recent photograph (suitable for a program and social media posts)
Please submit all application materials by Monday, April 12, 2021 to the Athletics Office.
CIF State Scholar-Athlete of the Year
• College-bound high school seniors
• Possess no less than an unweighted cumulative (grades 9-12) grade point average of 3.50
• Athletic ability in at least two years of varsity play within California
• Portrayed themselves as athletes of character displaying the Six Pillars of Character
2. Academic and Athletics information form (page 2)
3. Other activities information form (page 3)
4. Essay (maximum 500 words) – Describe how you have displayed the Six Pillars of Character (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship) throughout your high school career. (page 4)
5. Student Verification Form must be signed by School Principal. (page 5)